Life is available only in the present. That is why we should walk in such a way that every step can bring us to the here and the now.
Thich Nhat Hanh
1. Smile: smiling connects us to our hearts, lifts our mood, and makes the world a better place.
2. Take a walk in nature: get outside, breathe in fresh air, connect with the earth, sky, wind, sun, trees, and sounds of nature.
3. Help a friend, neighbor, or acquaintance: helping someone else, not only makes them good, but makes you feel good too.
4. Slowly sip a cup of tea or cocoa: while doing this, focus on each sip, each moment, and let everything else go.
5. Create: draw, paint, sing, write, and let go of the outcome.
6. Spend time with a dog or cat or other domestic animal: tune in to their present moment awareness.
7. Sit by a fire and read a book: no fireplace? light a candle.
8. Take a bath: soak and relax in a tub with lavender oil, soft lighting, and soothing music.
9. Finish the sentence: “I am grateful for ________________”
10. Savor each moment: breath in, and breathe out, long inhale, long exhale, live each moment fully.
By Jo Kirsch ©12/12/2013